Do not look any further than this hearty Tuscan chicken pasta recipe if you are searching for a pasta dish that will provide you with comfort and satisfaction. This recipe is flavorful thanks to the mix of tart sun-dried tomatoes, earthy spinach, and succulent chicken. In addition, it is simple to prepare and works for a weeknight meal or a meal reserved for a special occasion.
- 12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 breasts of boneless, skinless chicken weighing approximately 1.25 pounds in total
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper that has been freshly ground.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 individual garlic cloves
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes, either fresh or from a can
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 1/3 of an ounce of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves that have been freshly torn, as a garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- While that is going on, heat the oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat. After seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper, grill it for about eight minutes on each side or until the meat is brown and no longer pink in the center. After letting it rest for ten minutes, slice it very thinly.
- Cook the bacon in the same skillet over medium heat until it is crispy, which should take around 8 minutes. After draining on a plate lined with paper towels, cut the food. Then, using a spoon, remove half of the fat from the skillet.
- After adding the garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to the skillet, sauté them for two minutes over medium heat until the spinach is aromatic and has wilted somewhat. After seasoning with salt and pepper, add heavy cream, Parmesan, and a half cup of the cooking water from the pasta. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss until it is completely coated with the sauce. Next, add the chicken and bacon and toss until everything is mixed.
- Top each plate with some chopped basil before serving.
Learn more: 7 Vegetables That Reduce Inflammation and Slow Aging